Sometimes, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped or google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly error will pop up on your Android phone’s screen when using certain apps like Play Store, browser, Gmail app, etc. This error message can be a real pain at times. If you are looking for a foolproof solution to fix this issue, here is how it is.
There are few ways to fix the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped error. First of all, try deleting cache from the particular app. For that go to Settings -Apps and choose the app, select cache and delete.
If above step is not helped, try any of the 6 fixes given below:
1. Reset App Preferences: Go to Settings > Apps > All apps and press the soft menu key. Select ‘Reset app preferences’ which will reset all app preferences.
2. Uninstall Play Store Update: Go to Settings > Apps > All apps. Select “Google Play Store” and tap “Uninstall updates” button, then ‘OK’ button to delete the update.
3. Clear Google Services Cache: Go to Settings > Apps > All apps and select “Google Services Framework” app. Tap on the “Force stop” button and then, tap on the “Clear cache” button.
Note: Repeat this for the “Google Play services” and other app services as well.
4. Reset Download Manager: Go to Settings > Apps > All apps. Select Download Manager and press Disable and then Enable it once again.
5. Delete Dalvic Cache: If it is a rooted phone and installed custom recovery, go to recovery mode, then to ‘advanced’. From there, clear ‘dalvik cache’ and rebut your phone.
6. Factory Reset Phone: Finally, if any of the fix given above won’t worked for you, factory reset your phone.
Hope any one of these method should work for you. Any doubt, feel free to ask us. We hope our guide is easy to use. Please leave us feedback through comment box below.