In this tutorial, we will look at how to reinstall stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (SM-G530H). This will also unroot your phone and return to factory state, but it will not reset Samsung’s Knox security to zero. Reasons for reinstalling stock firmware on Galaxy Grand Prime are various. Issues after installing a custom ROM or a root app, soft bricked the phone (stuck in a bootloop), or simply love Samsung’s TouchWiz ROM, etc. are some of the reasons.
To reinstall stock firmware on Galaxy Grand Prime (SM-G530H), all you need a computer with Samsung USB drivers installed (If Samsung Keis installed, then there is no need to install drivers separately), Samsung stock firmware and Odin tool for flashing the firmware.
Read on to know how to flash stock firmware on your Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H. Note that there is no guaranty that the below method can revert your device to factory state for warranty purpose.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to Menu -> Settings -> Developer Options -> and enable USB Debugging Mode (If Developer Options is not enabled, go to Settings -> About Device -> and tap Build Number several times).
2. Download [HERE] stock ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H (Select your country and download the ROM).
3. Download latest version of Odin (v3.10.7) [HERE].
4. Extract both files on your computer (Use 7zip)
5. Make sure you have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on the computer.
6. Now, boot your Galaxy Grand Prime into ‘Download Mode’. To do so, turn off the phone and press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons together for few seconds.
7. After the phone boot into Download mode, run Odin (no installation needed) and connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
8. Now, click the AP/PDA button on Odin and browse for the stock ROM you extracted earlier. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked. Do not change any of the other default settings.
9. Click the Start button and it will flash that stock ROM on your device. After finishing the flashing process, reboot your phone.
Note: If Odin does not recognize your Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H, try installing the Samsung USB drivers. Still unable to access your device, try other versions of Odin (Odin 3.09, Odin 3.07, etc.)