Does your Galaxy S6 eat up battery more quickly after rooting it? Many users have complaint about quick battery drain after rooting their Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge using Chainfire’s CF Auto Root method. The issue is due to the malfunction of deep-sleep mode, which prevents Galaxy S6 to go into deep sleep mode when you turn off the screen.
In this tutorial, we give you a simple solution to fix the quick battery drain on rooted Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. All you need to flash a flashable zip file via custom recovery. The flashable zip is configured to fix the battery drain due to stopping of deep sleep function on Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge.
Chainfire has published a solution over at XDA to fix the battery drain or deep sleep mode issue, but it requires setting up ADB on your PC and run a bunch of ADB commands. However, the fellow developer HomerSp came up with an easy fix for this issue. It is a flashable zip file that you can flash via custom recovery like TWRP. It will fix the battery drain issue due to deep-sleep mode on Galaxy S6 and S6 edge.
1. Firstly, create a Nandroid backup from custom recovery, just in case.
2. Download [HERE] deep-sleep fixe (flashable zip) for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6
3. Transfer the UPDATE-S6DeepSleepFix.zip file to your phone.
4. Boot into recovery mode.
5. In TWRP recovery, tap the “install’ option from the main menu.
6. Choose the UPDATE-S6DeepSleepFix.zip file you have transferred earlier and let the process done by swiping the slider button.
7. Once the process is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot -> system and your Galaxy S6 will reboot.
Hope this will fix battery drain and the deep-sleep issue on your Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. You can read Chainfire’s method at this XDA thread.