The Pixel ROM for Nexus 5X bring Google Pixel smartphone features, such as the redesigned Pixel launcher, white navigation bar, round icons, updated app dock, wallpaper picker, Pixel boot animation, Google Assistant, and of course unofficial Android 7.1.1 Nougat to Nexus 5X. Custom ROM fans can tryout the new PixelMod custom ROM on their Nexus 5X and bring a feel of Pixel phone to the handset.
Developed by the XDA contributor argraur, the status of Pixel ROM for Nexus 5X is stable and can be installed via fastboot. Checkout the below installation guide to know how to flash PixelMod ROM on Nexus 5X. The ROM includes various Pixel phone features and some theming to make Nexus 5X look like Google Pixel phone.
The ROM is based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat Developer preview (NPF10C) and pre-rooted. Pixel ROM for Nexus 5X comes with the following features (the developer may add new features in the coming builds):
– Google Assistant
– Modified SystemUI with Pixel’s white navigation bar
– Pixel Launcher
– Pixel Launcher Icons
– Pixel Wallpaper Picker
– Pixel Setup Wizard
– Pixel Boot animation
– Removed Android Beta screen at boot
– Android 7.1.1
– CF-AutoRoot by Chainfire
– TWRP 3.0.2-3
For installing PixelMod custom ROM on Nexus 5X, your phone requires unlocked bootloader, as well as ADB and Fastboot setup on your computer (the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool is recommended for ease).
1. Download the latest build of PixelMod ROM zip file from development page here to your computer and unzip it.
2. Save all the unzipped contents to the same folder as the Minimal ADB and Fastboot driver installed on your computer.
3. Enable “USB Debugging” on your phone and then boot it into fastboot mode
4. Connect the phone to PC and then go to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder (where you have saved the unzipped ROM files)
5. Run the file ‘Flash-PixelROM.bat’ or ‘Flash-PixelROM-NoWipe.bat’ (to flash without wiping userdata). Wait for the process to complete (your device may reboot 2-3 times).
6. The phone will reboot directly to CF-AutoRoot
7. Set up and enjoy your Pixelized Nexus 5X
Be sure to check the original development page [HERE] for updates, newer builds and discussion about the ROM.