Android Oreo based custom ROMs are now available for a number of devices, including the Moto G5 Plus. If you own a Moto G5 Plus and its bootloader is unlocked and installed latest version of TWRP custom recovery on it, then you can enjoy Android Oreo via Pixel Experience ROM. Based on Android 8.1 Preview the Pixel Experience ROM brings all the features of Google Pixel device to Moto G5 Plus.
If you are interested, here is how to install Pixel Experience ROM (Android 8.1) on Moto G5 Plus. Most aspects of the ROM are working as expected, and includes November 2017 security patches, and all the Pixel features like launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation, etc.
If Moto G5 Plus (code named potter) is running on the latest Android version and its bootloader is unlocked, then you can install the Pixel Experience ROM on it via TWRP recovery. Interested users check out the guide below to know how to install the AOSP custom ROM on the device.
Before start, note that the current status of the Pixel Experience ROM is Beta, so you may experience bugs while using it. You cannot use it as a daily driver. However, experienced users can try and enjoy Android Oreo 8.1 on their Moto G5 Plus.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. This is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Reboot the device into TWRP recovery (Press Volume Down & Power buttons simultaneously)
3. In TWRP, select ‘Backup’ and backup all partitions (recommended)
4. Now, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to main TWRP menu, select Install, navigate and select the ROM.zip package. Swipe to flash the ROM.
6. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (source – XDA)