OnePlus has released OxygenOS 4.1.0 OTA update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The update upgrades the device to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. In addition to the general bug fixes, the OxygenOS 4.1.0 update improves Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, lets you take better photos of moving objects, improves video recording stability as well as includes latest Android security patches (March, 2017). The update also brings back expanded screenshots feature.
OxygenOS 4.1.0 OTA update weighs around 353MB in size for both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Since the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take a week or more to get the Android 7.1.1 on every device. If you are on the previous versions of the firmware (OxygenOS 4.0.3) and did not received the update yet, you can check it manually by going to Go to Settings > About > System Update > Update.
Check out the complete changelog of OxygenOS 4.1.0 update for OnePlus 3/3T:
– Upgraded Android 7.1.1
– Updated Google security patch to 1st March 2017
– Added expanded screenshots
– Improved picture taking of moving objects with blur reduction
– Improved video stability when recording
– Improved WiFi connectivity
– Improved bluetooth connectivity
– General bug fixes
Interested OnePlus 3/3T users can also install the OxygenOS 4.1.0 (Android 7.1.1) update manually by downloading the full firmware. Check out the guide below to know how to flash the ROM manually.
Note: Before updating your phone to OOS 4.1.0, make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone. Below guide requires ADB and Fastboot driver setup on your computer.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings > Security > USB Debugging)
3. Rename the file as ‘update.zip’ and save it inside the ADB installation directory.
3. Now, switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ option, and tap OK to confirm. A screen with ‘You are in sideload mode’ will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to your computer and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal (from ADB installation directory)
adb sideload update.zip
./adb sideload update.zip