OnePlus starts rolling out OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA update for OnePlus 2 with VoLTE functionality, new features, general bug fixes, UI changes and December Android security patches. A significant change of OxygenOS 3.5.5 update is it enables VoLTE support on OnePlus 2. In addition, the update brings App Lock, Battery saving mode and Gaming Mode, includes updated OxygenOS UI, and more to the handset.
OnePlus 2 owners will get the OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA notification on their device in the coming days. To apply the OTA update, OnePlus 2 should be running on OxygenOS 3.1.0. If you cannot wait for the OTA (over the air) update, or facing network issues that prevents OTA update, then you can manually install the update by downloading the update firmware on your computer.
Check out the below guide to know how to update OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.5.5 manually. For incremental OTA update your device should be running on OxygenOS 3.1.0.
Changelogs of OxygenOS 3.5.5 update for OnePlus 2
– Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
– Added App Lock
– Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
– Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
– Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider
– Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
– Shelf Optimizations
– Updated OxygenOS UI
– Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
– Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
– Increased System Stability
– General Bug Fixes
1. Download OxygenOS 3.5.5 incremental OTA zip file (link above) and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Boot your OnePlus 2 into stock recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
3. In recovery, choose language and then select Install from Local.
4. Select for the update zip file that you saved in step 1 and tap on Install.
5. Once done reboot your phone and enjoy.
Note: If above method is not worked for you, follow the below method. It requires ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your computer.
1. Enable ‘USB debugging’ on your phone.
2. Save the downloaded OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA update zip file to the folder where the ADB is installed.
3. Turn Off the phone and boot into recovery mode.
4. Choose ‘Install from ADB Sideload’, then connect your phone to your computer.
5. Inside the ADB folder, open a command window and issue the below command:
6. You device should be listed. If not, install proper fastboot driver for your device and follow.
7. Now, issue the below command to sideload the OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA update:
adb sideload file name.zip