OnePlus has released OxygenOS 2.2.3 update for its midrange smartphone Onplus X. The update is very important as it includes prerequisites for Android Marshmallow update and latest Android security patches. To get Android 6.0 Marshmallow (OxygenOS 3.xx) OTA update, your OnePlus X should be running on OxygenOS 2.2.3 or later update.
As always, OxygenOS 2.2.3 OTA (over the air) update for the OnePlus X will be rolled out in phases, so it will take several days to get it on your device. Though still in Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, the update includes September security patches and prerequisites for Oxygen OS 3.xx update. Therefore, this is a recommended update for all OnePlus X users.
Main changelog of OxygenOS 2.2.3 update for OnePlus X
– Upgrading to Google in September security patches
– Adding items required to upgrade to Android Marshmallow.
If you are on OxygenOS 2.2.2, check for OxygenOS 2.2.3 OTA update by going to Settings > About Phone. If you are running on other version or on a custom ROM with TWRP recovery, you need to download the full ROM and flash it manually.
Update OnePlus X to OxygenOS 2.2.3 manually
1. Download OnePlus X OxygenOS 2.2.3 full ROM zip file from
2. Save the ROM zip file on your phone’s internal storage
3. Now, reboot your phone into recovery mode (Power off the phone, press Power and Volume down buttons together)
4. Choose “Install from local / Install from SD”, find your .zip file and tap on “Install” to confirm.
5. Once the installation completed, your phone will reboot automatically.
Now, if you are using a Custom ROM with TWRP, a clean install is required. It will all your data you have on your phone, so backup every data before proceeding with the below steps.
1. Boot OnePlus X into TWRP recovery (Power off the phone, press Power and Volume down buttons together)
2. In TWRP recovery, select “Wipe” and swipe to Factory Reset.
3. Go back to TWRP recovery home screen and Select “Install” option.
4. Select the ROM zip file that you have copied to your phone.