Finally, OnePlus X has also received official Android Marshmallow update. OnePlus starts rolling out OxygenOS 3.1.2 OTA update for OnePlus X, which brings Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, new features and latest security patches to the device. Since the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take several days to get it on your OnePlus X.
To update OnePlus X to Android Marshmallow, it should be running on the latest OxygenOS 2.2.3. OnePlus recently rolled out the 2.2.3 update for the device, which includes prerequisites for Android Marshmallow update. If you have not updated to OxygenOS 2.2.3, just update your OnePlus X to the version (guide here) and then check for the OxygenOS 3.1.2 (Marshmallow) OTA update by going to Settings > About Phone.
Below are the main highlights of OxygenOS 3.1.2 update for OnePlus X
– Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
– Launcher upgrades
– New icon packs
– Google search bar UI customization
– New design of wallpaper picker
– Shelf UX improvements
– Long press boards to rearrange or remove
– General system performance improvement
– Settings changes
– New (native Android) app permissions
– New Alert Slider settings with more customization options
– New apps: OnePlus Music Player, OnePlus Gallery
– Implemented October Android security patches
– General bug fixes
Experienced users can manually update their OnePlus X to OxygenOS 3.1.2, folks over at OnePlus forum has managed to capture the update and made available for download.
Boot your OnePlus X into stock recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
Select ‘Apply update’, browse for the zip file that you saved in step 1, select it and confirm installation. Once done reboot your phone. (Source – OnePlus Forum)