One of the best things about CyanogenMod is that it updates an Android phone to a newer version than the manufacturer has officially made available. CyanogenMod once again proved it by releasing CyanogenMod 13 Nightly for OnePlus X, which brings Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with latest security patch to the device.
OnePlus X owners who are waiting for the Android Marshmallow can install the official CyanogenMod 13 ROM and enjoy all the Marshmallow goodies and CyanogenMod additions. At the time of writing, CyanogenMod 13 for OnePlus X is a Nightly build, which means it may include bugs that are not yet identified and cannot be used as daily driver.
Tech savvy owners of OnePlus X can install the CyanogenMod 13 if root privilege and TWRP custom recovery installed on the device (Read this guide for details). CM13 for OnePlus X weigh 300MB and it does not include Google apps (Gapps) such as the Play store, so you need to flash Gapps separately.
How to install CyanogenMod 13 on OnePlus X
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only
1. First, use the backup option in TWRP recovery to back up your stock ROM, as this will give you a way to undo changes should you wish to return to stock.
2. Download CyanogenMod 13 ROM Zip file (onyx) [HERE] and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
3. Also Download Gapps (Marshmallow compatible) [HERE] and save it in the phone’s internal memory.
4. Boot your OPX into TWRP recovery (use Volume Up and Power key combinations)
5. In recovery, select ‘Install’, navigate to CyanogenMod 13 Zip file and swipe right to flash. Repeat the same for flashing Gapps as well.
6. Once done, reboot your OnePlus X.
Once booted up, set up and enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your OnePlus X.