OnePlus starts rolling out the new OxygenOs 4.0.1 update for OnePlus 3 with fixes and improvements, which you can download and install right now. However, the update will not fix the Play Store bug as well as the mobile data issues caused by APN, the team provided a manual workaround to fix the issue, instead (details available here). Weigh around 37MB, the OxygenOs 4.0.1 OTA update is rolled out in phases, so it will take a week or more to get the update on all devices.
In this guide, we show you how to update OnePlus 3 to OxygenOs 4.0.1 with OTA or full ROM. Still on Android 7.0 Nougat, the OxygenOs 4.0.1 OTA update includes proximity sensor fixes, improved system stability, new design for menu and notification and more. If you have not received the OTA update due to network issue or some unknown reasons, you can manually install the update. Check out the guide below.
What is new in OxygenOs 4.0.1 update?
– Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
– New Notifications Design
– New Settings Menu Design
– Multi-Window View
– Notification Direct Reply
– Custom DPI Support
– Added Status Bar lcon Options
– Improved Shelf Customization
– Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
– Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
– Increased System Stability
Note: If you have not updated your OnePlus 3 to OxygenOs 4.0, you will receive the OxygenOs 4.0.1 update by skipping the OxygenOs 4.0 update.
How to Install OxygenOS 4.0.1 on OnePlus 3 Manually
Note: As always, make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings > Security > USB Debugging)
2. Download OxygenOS 4.0.1 for OnePlus 3 (1.4GB) from here, rename the file as update.zip and save it inside the ADB installation directory.
3. Now, switch off OnePlus 3, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ option, and tap OK to confirm. A screen with ‘You are in sideload mode’ will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3 to your computer and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal (from ADB installation directory)
6. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.0.1.
How to Install OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA Update manually
2. Turn off the phone and boot into stock recovery (use Power + Volume Down combination).
3. In recovery menu, select ‘Apply Update’ and select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘.
4. Navigate to OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA zip file and select it.
5. Wait until the flashing process complete and then reboot your device.