After being rolled out the OxygenOS 4.5.4 update last month for OnePlus 5 with fix for 4G LTE issue, OnePlus released a new OxygenOS 4.5.5 update for OnePlus 5 with various fixes and optimizations. The new update further improves Wi-Fi connectivity, enhance voice calling, fixes certain apps not able to work under IPv6 network settings and more on OnePlus 5.
OxygenOS 4.5.5 is a minor update (the OTA just weighs 59MB), but includes various fixes and optimizations for OnePlus 5. Users will get the OTA notification for the update in the coming days. Check it by going to Settings > About > System update > check for updates. Alternatively you can download and install OxygenOS 4.5.5 OTA or full firmware manually. Check out the below guide.
OxygenOS 4.5.5 changelogs:
– Fixed Wi-Fi signal consistently being displayed week
– Fixed certain apps not able to work under IPv6 network settings
– To restore connectivity to a Windows 10 PC, Please turn off USB Debugging prior to update
OnePlus 5 users who prefer manual installation, here is how to download OxygenOS 4.5.5 OTA update and full firmware and install it manually. Note that the full firmware will not overwrite your data.
Note: To install the OxygenOS 4.5.5 OTA update, your OnePlus 5 should be on OxygenOS 4.5.4.
OTA Update Method:
1. Download OxygenOS 4.5.5 OTA zip file [HERE] and save it on internal phone storage.
2. Go to Settings > System Updates > tap on Settings Icon > Local Upgrade > Select the OTA File.
3. Select upgrade now when the system prompts.
4. Your device will reboot into recovery and flash the OTA. After installation your device will reboot to new version.
Full ROM updates Method:
1. Make sure you have all necessary ADB files installed on your computer
2. Download OxygenOS 4.5.5 full firmware [HERE] and save the zip file where ADB is installed
3. Now, follow this installation guide.
Leave your views about this update in the comment section below (Source – OnePlus)