OnePlus 3 has received Android 7.0 Nougat with an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 14. OnePlus 3, one of the most exciting devices of 2016, was launched with Android 6.0 Marshmallow on board, but thanks to the big developer communities, tech-savvy users can experience the latest Android version Nougat right now via unofficial CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM.
The aforementioned CyanogenMod 14 for OnePlus 3 is an unofficial build by an XDA contributor Taker18. This is an early build and there might have several bugs that are not yet identified. Also, many things like camera, call, Alert Slider, Dash Charge, etc. will no work. However, the developer may fix all these issues in the coming builds.
Before proceeding with the below steps, note that the ROM is an early build and not ready for daily use. Also, back up every data you have on the phone. Moreover, there is no need to say the requirements of TWRP and root access on your OnePlus 3.
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your OnePlus 3 into TWRP Recovery mode (press and hold Volume Down and Power Button together).
3. In TWRP recovery, create a Nandroid backup, which you can use to restore your stock firmware.
4. Now, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
5. Once done, select ‘Install’, browse the CM14 ROM zip file and swipe right to install the ROM.
7. The first boot will take long time. If your phone stuck in a bootloop, boot into TWRP recovery, select Wipe and wipe cache and dalvik cache again, and then reboot your device.
Leave your views in the comment section below. You can read more about this ROM and discussion at the XDA thread.