Android 7.1.1 Nougat based OmniRom 7.1.1 is now available for number of new devices. The recently supported devices are Oppo Find 7, OnePlus One, 2nd Gen Android One devices and Sony Xperia X Compact. For now OmniRom 7.1.1 for these new devices are test builds and know issues of these builds are related to Wi-Fi Hotspot and SELinux Permissive. If you want to try out OmniRom 7.1.1, check out the installation guide.
For your information, like CyanogenMod, OmniRom is also available for a wide range of Android devices. It is lightweight, more secure (regarding privacy and NSA data collection) and stock. OmniRom 7.1.1 weekly nightly builds and test builds are now available for a wide range of devices. Weekly nightly builds are now available for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, etc.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to install OmniRom 7.1.1 on your Android phone. Before start, note that OmniRom 7.1.1 is test/nightly builds, so do not install it on your primary handset. Before installing the ROM, backup every data on your phone.
– OmniRom 7.1.1 (Nightly) for Nexus 6P, 5X, etc. [HERE]
– OmniRom 7.1.1 (test build) for OnePlus One [HERE]
– OmniRom 7.1.1 (test build) for OPPO Find 7 [HERE]
– OmniRom 7.1.1 (test build) for 2nd Gen Android One [HERE]
Note: OmniROM requires latest version of TWRP recover and root access on your devices. The installation procedure is common for all devices.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We cannot take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download OmniROM zip file for device from the above link and transfer the zip files to your phone’s internal memory.
2. Now, boot your phone into TWRP custom recovery and wipe data, cache and factory reset.
3. Go back to the main recovery menu, select Install, navigate to the OmniROM zip file, and flash it. Wait until the flashing process finishes.
4. Once the installation has finished, return to the main menu and reboot your phone.
Enjoy OmniROM 7.1.1 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat). Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source)