After successful beta testing, official Android 8.0 Oreo (OxygenOS 5.0) stable version has been released for OnePlus 5. OnePlus starts rolling out the OxygenOS 5.0 OTA update and all users will get the software update notification in the coming days. Recently, the company rolled out Oreo based OxygenOS 5.0 for OnePlus 3 and 3T. OnePlus 5T will also get the official Oreo update soon.
If you cannot wait for the OTA, here is how to download and install official Android 8.0 Oreo based OxygenOS 5.0 manually on OnePlus 5. Besides Oreo goodies, OygenOS 5.0 adds various new features to this update. New camera features, Parallel Apps, Adaptive model screen calibration, etc. are some of the examples.
The update also comes with various optimizations and bug fixes. It optimizes Battery Saver, Wi-Fi, camera, launcher, etc. and includes December 2017 security patches. Below is what is new in this update.
What is new in OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 5.0?
– Updated to Android O (8.0)
– Optimizations for Shelf
– Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
– New Camera UI design
– Optimizations for photo quality
– Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
– Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
– Added history feature
– Added alarm calendar feature
– Added Parallel Apps feature
– New design for Quick Settings
– New design for Lift up display
– Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration
– Optimizations for Wi-Fi
– Optimizations for Battery Saver
– Updated Android security patch to December
Note: If you would like to install the official Oreo update right now on OnePlus 5, follow below guide. Inexperienced users should wait for the OTA update.
How to Flash OxygenOS 5.0 on OnePlus 5 Manually
Note: This guide requires ABD and fastboot set up on your PC. Also, both device requires unlocked bootloader. Backup all important data before proceeding.
1. Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your phone in Settings > Developer Options.
2. Download official OxygenOS 5.0 for OnePlus 5.0 from here and save the file inside the ADB installation folder.
3. Switch off the phone, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
5. Connect your phone to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal
[File Name.zip=OxygenOS Open Beta file name]
7. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 5.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
(Source – OnePlus)