Lineage OS team has released the first official LineageOS 14.1 build for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (mido) Snapdragon variant. Users can now experience Android 7.1.2 Nougat, stock Android UI, and several value added features of Nougat and LineageOS on their device. This is the first LineageOS build for Redmi Note 4, so minor bugs are expected. If you are interested, read on to know prerequisites and how to flash the custom ROM on Redmi Note 4/4X.
Before jump to the installation instruction, let us see LineageOS 14.1 features for Redmi Note 4. The custom ROM bring latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, features like multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and alongside LineageOS native features like night mode, Jelly browser, etc.
The present status of LineageOS 14.1 for Redmi Note 4/4X (mido) Snapdragon variant is nightly, which means the ROM is unstable and contains some unknown bugs. However, previous experience shows that these bugs are not serious. If you are ready to face few issues, then install the ROM right away.
Prerequisites for installing LineageOS 14.1 (mido) one Redmi Note 4/4X:
As you all know, for installing custom ROM on an Android phone requires unlocked bootloader and custom recovery like TWRP.
– First unlock the bootloader and install TWRP recovery (follow this instruction)
– Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
– Battery charge above 80% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
How to Install official LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) on Redmi Note 4/4X
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your phone into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release)
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Set up your new OS and enjoy LineageOS 14.1 on Redmi Note 4. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.