Lineage OS team has updated LineageOS 14.1 with enhanced Jelly browser and tons of improvements. Along with the update, the team has added support for few new devices and upgraded Nvidia Shield Tablet to LineageOS 14.1. If you are excited to try everyone talks LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) custom ROM on your Nvidia Shield tablet, then check out the guide below.
The below guide let you know what are the prerequisites for installing LineageOS 14.1 on Nvidia Shield tablet and how to install the build. This custom ROM brings tons of new features, lot of customization options and latest Android security patches (June 1, 2017) to the device.
The present status of LineageOS 14.1 is nightly, however there were no major bugs in this ROM. Since it is a nightly build, you may experience some unknown bugs. If you are ready to face few issues, head over to the installation instruction below
– For installing LineageOS 14.1, unlocked bootloader and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on your Nvidia Shield tablet.
– Ensure at least 60 – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone
– Back up important data you have on the device
Disclaimer: The guide is for tech-savvy users only. It must be done entirely at your own risk. We cannot take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
2. Transfer ROM and Gapps zip files to device’s memory card
3. Reboot your device into TWRP recovery Hold Volume Down & tap Power, release once menu is displayed. Tap Volume Down until recovery is selected. Press Power to select).
4. In TWRP recover, choose ‘Backup’ and take a complete Nandroid backup (recommended).
5. Now, choose ‘Install’ navigate to Lineage OS zip file, select it and swipe right to flash. Before rebooting, flash the Gapps zip file also.
6. Finally, reboot your phone.
Once booted up, set up and enjoy Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its awesome features. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source)