Xiaomi starts rolling out the new MIUI 8 Global Beta 6.9.15 ROM for supported devices. Highlighted features of this new update includes auto on/off time for reading mode, option to set lock screen wallpaper as the conversation background, etc. bug fixes and performance enhancements. Interested Mi/Redmi owners can download and install the ROM and experience the new features right now.
Follow the installation guide to know how to install MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM 6.9.15 (Recovery/Fastboot) on Redmi/Mi devices. If you are already running on the previous MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM, it is recommended to update to the new version by downloading the full firmware.
MIUI 8 Global Beta 6.9.15 ROM supports Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Mi Max 32GB, Mi 2/2S, Mi 5, Mi Note, Redmi 3/Prime and Redmi 3S/Prime.
MIUI 8 Global Beta (6.9.15) new feature and changelog:
– Set on and off time for Read mode
– The app order in quick sharing is dynamically sorted by usage frequency
– Set your Lock screen wallpaper as the conversation background
– Delete synced recordings from the device keeping them in the cloud
– Optimized in sync status algorithm
– Bug Fixes
– Performance improvements
1. Download the MIUI 8 ROM Recovery image [HERE] and put the zip file into your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
3. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish. Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart automatically.
Warning: The process will wipe your phone. Backup any data on your phone before proceeding. Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool [HERE], unzip the content and install it by double clicking the MiFlash.exe file.
2. Download MIUI 8 Global Beta 6.9.15 Fastboot image [HERE]
3. Now, boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do so, turn off the device and press the Vol Down key and the Power button at the same time.
4. Double click on the downloaded ROM file to unzip it. Open the file folder for the unzipped ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
5. Open MiFlash tool and paste the ROM file folder path into the address bar.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version. (Source – miui)