Xiaomi has released MIUI ROM 8 Global Beta 7.1.5 ROM that brings VoLTE video call function on Mi and Redmi devices. In addition to general bug fixes and optimizations, the new update also adds search history feature to the contact page, which helps you find recent contacts easily. Interested Mi/Redmi owners can download and install the MIUI 8 Global Beta 7.1.5 ROM and experience the new features right now.
Follow the installation instruction to know how to install MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM 7.1.5 on Xiaomi Redmi and Xiaomi Mi devices using the recovery or fastboot image. If you are already running on the previous MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM, it is recommended to update to the new version by downloading the full firmware.
Below is the full changelog of MIUI 8 Global Beta 7.1.5 ROM:
New – VoLTE conference video calls
New – VoLTE support for video calls / Conference calls (Jio network users only)
Optimization – Replaced service provider for exchange rates
MIUI 8 Global Beta 7.1.5 ROM supports Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Mi Max 32GB, Mi 2/2S, Mi 5, Mi Note, Redmi 3/Prime and Redmi 3S/Prime.
How to Install MIUI 8 Global Beta 7.1.5 ROM on Redm/Mi phones Using Recovery Image
1. Download the MIUI 8 ROM Recovery image [HERE] and put the zip file into your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
3. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish. Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart automatically.
How to install MIUI 8 Global Beta 6.9.15 ROM Using Fastboot Image
Warning: The process will wipe your phone. Backup any data on your phone before proceeding. Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool [HERE], unzip the content and install it by double clicking the MiFlash.exe file.
2. Download MIUI 8 Global Beta 7.1.5 Fastboot image [HERE]
3. Now, boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do so, turn off the device and press the Vol Down key and the Power button at the same time.
4. Double click on the downloaded ROM file to unzip it. Open the file folder for the unzipped ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
5. Open Mi-Flash tool and paste the ROM file folder path into the address bar.
6 Click the ‘Refresh’ button. The Mi-Flash should automatically recognize your phone. Now, click ‘Flash’ button to flash the ROM file to your phone.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version. (Source – miui)