Global beta version of MIUI 7 ROM 5.8.22 is now available for Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Mi 4i, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi Note 3G and Redmi Note 4G devices. Beta testers will receive the OTA (over-the-air) update on their device soon or it can be updated via ‘Updater’ app by downloading the OTA firmware file. You can also download the full ROM and flash it via fastboot.
Xiaomi’s latest firmware MIUI 7 is based on the Android 5 Lollipop and brings new features like child mode, 4 new system UIs, Baby Album, smart SMS filter and Quick OTP, as well as performance enhancements to a range of Xiaomi devices. According to reports, MIUI 7 is 30% more faster than the previous MIUI 6 and offers 10% better battery for daily use.
If your phone is running on a global beta ROM, MIUI 7 global beta ROM 5.8.22 can be installed via OTA. If you cannot wait to get the OTA, you can manually update your phone to MIUI 7 by downloading the OTA firmware file.
Note: The status of the ROM is Beta, which means it is unstable and you may come across issues while using the phone.
1. Download the MIUI 7 ROM 5.8.22 firmware for your device [HERE] and put the zip file into your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
3. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish. Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart automatically.
Tech-savvy users can flash the full ROM via fastboot. Interested users may follow the guide to know how to install MIUI 7 global beta firmware on Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Mi 4i, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi Note 3G and Redmi Note 4G devices.
Warning: The process will wipe your phone. Backup any data on your phone before proceeding. Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool [HERE], unzip the content and install it by double clicking the MiFlash.exe file.
2. Download MIUI 7 ROM for your device [HERE]
3. Now, boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do so, turn off the device and press the Vol Down key and the Power button at the same time.
4. Double click on the downloaded ROM file to unzip it. Open the file folder for the unzipped ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
5. Open MiFlash tool and paste the ROM file folder path into the address bar.
6 Click the ‘Refresh’ button. The MiFlash should automatically recognize your phone. Now, click ‘Flash’ button to flash the ROM file to your phone.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version. (Source)