Xiaomi Mi A1 is a brand new Android One smartphone runs stock Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Also, the device will soon update to Android 8.0 Oreo. However, if you want development on this device, then the Xiaomi Mi A1 AIO Toolkit may be a right choice. It helps you unlock bootloader of Mi A1, install TWRP recovery, and gain root access. Also, it installs ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC, as well as lets you relock the bootloader over again.
The main advantage of Xiaomi Mi A1 AIO Toolkit is that, you do not need to go through the command line to unlock/relock bootloader, install TWRP recovery or root Mi A1. The toolkit guide you all these through its GUI. This is a Windows application, but does not require installation. Below is how to use this toolkit.
Developed by an XDA a member ghpranav, the tool kit is really simple to use. All you need to run it on your PC and then select a desired option from its GUI and follow the instruction.
Note: The current version of Mi A1 AIO Toolkit (v.2.0) offers unlock/relock bootloader, root and install ADB and Fastboot drivers. The developer claims that flashing TWRP recovery and unroot options will attach in the coming update.
Warning: Keep in mind that the below procedures will void device warranty and wipe out all data. Do NOT perform it, unless you have specific reasons.
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
1. Install proper driver file on your computer
2. Enable USB debugging in your device [see guide] and then connect it to your computer.
3. Download Mi A1 AIO Toolkit zip file from development page [here], unzip it and then run the exe file.
4. Navigate through the menu, and choose the option you want to execute.
Note: To root your Mi A1, using this tool, follow below guide. Before, proceeding, unlock the bootloader using the tool.
5. Download patched boot.img [here] and save the contents to image folder of AIO Tool.
6. Run the Toolkit, select Root option from menu and follow the instructions.