XTE has upgraded its Axon 7 A2017G to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The update includes features like Wi-Fi calling, various bug fixes, optimizations and June 2017 Android security patches. Axon 7 Android 7.1.1 update is now available in select regions like Spain and comes with build number A2017GV1.2.0B05. Read on to know how to update ZTE Axon 7 (Spain) to Nougat 7.1.1 Nougat (A2017GV1.2.0B05) manually.
Once updated to Android 7.1.1 Nougat, users can experience various new features, better security and performance improvements on their Axon 7. The new firmware upgrades the device from version A2017G V1.0.0B11 to version A2017GV1.2.0B05. Below are the main highlights of XTE Axon 7 Nougat update.
Highlights of A2017GV1.2.0B05 update:
– Android OS upgraded to 7.1.1
– Wi-Fi calling support added
– Revamped notification
– Ability to use two or more languages
– June security patch level
– General bug fixes and optimizations
Before going to manual installation, check for OTA (over the air) update by going to Settings > System Update. Your download will begin and automatically start the updating process.
If no update found, here is how to install Android 7.1.1 update on your Axon 7 manually. You must upgrade your device to firmware version A2017G V1.0.0B11 before upgrading to the new A2017GV1.2.0B05 version.
2. Reboot your phone into stock recovery mode (to do so, press Volume Down + Power button simultaneously).
3. In recovery, tap on Install Update from storage. It will begin installation process and will reboot your phone after completing the process.
Note: You can also update without rebooting to recovery. Go to Settings > System Updates > Local upgrade. Wait for the firmware to flash and then reboot your phone.