In December last month, HTC has updated unlocked variant HTC U11 Life to Android 8.0 Oreo. In the same month, the T-Mobile variant HTC U11 Life has also updated with official Android 8.0 Oreo and the update comes with build number RUU 2.15.531.6. If you have problem installing the update via OTA, here is how to manually update T-Mobile U11 Life to Oreo.
If you own Sense variant T-Mobile HTC U11 Life and would like to install the Android 8.0 stock firmware (RUU file) on it manually, then read on to know how it is. The update includes system enhancements, general bug fixes and November 2017 Android Security Updates.
If you have not received the OTA update notification for firmware build 2.15.531.6, then navigate to Settings > About and check for the update. Alternatively, follow below step-by-step guide.
In this tutorial, we show you how to install stock RUU firmware 2.15.531.6 on T-Mobile HTC U11 Life. Make sure everything is backed up before proceeding with the steps.
Download: T-Mobile HTC U11 Life RUU.exe (build 2.15.531.6) [1.9GB]
How to Install Oreo Update on T-Mobile HTC U11 Life
First, enable USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Software > Tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options. Then go back to Developer Options, and turn on USB debugging. Now follow below guide.
1. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. If your device is not recognized, install HTC Sync Manager (download).
2. Now, double-click on RUU.exe file to launch the System Update wizard. And follow all the update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
3. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
Note: If the ROM update wizard does not recognized your device, follow the steps below.
1. Switch off the phone, press Volume Down and then switch on the phone. It will boot your device into download mode.
2. Now, connect your phone to your PC and attempt the ROM update again. Once done, reboot your phone.
[Source – HTC]