Lenovo A7000 owners in India can now enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow and updated VIBE UI. Lenovo starts rolling out the Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update for A7000, which includes March Android security patches and new features like Doze battery saving function, new app permission model, etc. As the OTA update rolled out in phases, it will take few days to get the update on all Lenovo A7000 devices.
In this guide, we will let you know how to manually update Lenovo A7000 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The Marshmallow update for the device weighs 1.3GB (build number A7000-a_S223_160405_ROW), which you can download and install manually, if you have any issue updating via OTA. However, your Lenovo A7000 should be on build number A7000-a_S153_151127_ROW to apply the update.
First, if you have not received the OTA notification for Android 6.0 update, check it by going to Settings -> About phone -> System updates -> Check for update. If update is available, let it download and install.
If no update is found for some reasons or cannot update via OTA due to network issue, you can download the OTA update file and flash it manually. This is an incremental update, so check for the build number A7000_S153_151127 before applying the update.
Manually Update Lenovo A7000 to Marshmallow
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. Do at your own risk.
1. Make a backup of your data you have on the phone, just in case.
2. Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update zip file [HERE] from Lenovo, rename it to “update.zip” and save it on the SD card.
3. Turn off your Lenovo A7000 and enter into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key simultaneously.
4. Select language (English) and in main recovery menu, tap “install update package”.
5. Select OTA update zip file and confirm the flashing. Wait for the process to complete. It may take around 10 minutes.
After completing the installation, reboot your phone and enjoy Android Marshmallow and latest VIBE UI on your Lenovo A7000. Any doubt? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source)