Huawei Ascend Mate 2 users can now enjoy Android 5.1 Lollipop along with Huawei’s new EMUI 3.1 software. After the beta testing, the company has released an initial version of Android 5.1 Lollipop for Ascend Mate 2 MT2-L03. Interested users can download and install the new OS and experience Lollipop and the new Emotion UI.
Today’s guide shows you how to update Huawei Ascend Mate 2 to Android 5.1 Lollipop manually. This is an official firmware from Huawei (B309) and you can flash it manually from recovery. However, your device’s (Ascend Mate 2) software versions should be V100R001C00B126 or V100R001C00B148, do check it before updating your device.
Before you get start installing this build, please note that this is a preview version of the OS, so you may come across some bugs. However, you can downgrade your Mate 2 to the previous Jelly Bean.
Important: The below process will wipe your device. Backup every important data on your phone either using the Backup option or using Huawei’s HiSuite application.
1. Your device should be Ascend Mate 2 MT2-L03 and have 4GB free space on your SD card.
2. Download Android 5.1 Lollipop (B309.zip) file (1GB) [HERE] and unzip the content.
3. Connect your Mate 2 to your PC and copy the entire “dload” folder to the root directory of the SD card (do not put inside a folder).
4. Now, disconnect your phone from PC and turn it off.
5. Now, boot your phone into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN keys
simultaneously, and then press the POWER button. Release power when you see the device turn on.
6. The phone should boot and begin flashing the new firmware. When the progress bar stops, the phone will restart itself. Enjoy!
You may enter into the ‘Emergency Data’ dialog at the first boot. If so, boot your device into recovery mode, choose the Factory data reset and tap the Yes button. Once done, choose reboot option to your phone. Enjoy!
If you experience issues during the Android Lollipop Preview and want to restore your device to the factory image, you can download the Jelly Bean downgrade package (B148) [HERE] and flash it. (source – Huawei)