OnePlus team has released OxygenOS 2.2.0 update for OnePlus 2 with new features, bug fixes, security patches and optimizations. As the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take few days to get the OxygenOS 2.2.0 OTA update notification on your OnePlus 2. If you do not want to wait for the OTA, you can install the update manually.
The below guide explains how to install the new OxygenOS 2.2.0 OTA update manually on OnePlus 2 (with stock recovery or custom TWRP recovery). Before you get start, you might want to know the whole changelog of this new system update. OxygenOS 2.2.0 is an incremental update and just weighs only 57MB.
Below are the new features and improvements that OxygenOS 2.2.0 OTA update brings to OnePlus 2
– Fixed dual SIM preference selection issues in settings
– Added NTFS and exFAT support for OTG
– Fixed Google Camera photo-sphere and panorama bugs
– Screen temperature can now be adjusted from quick settings
– Added hide search bar option in launcher settings
– Security patches
– Holiday wallpapers
– General bug fixes and optimizations
1. Download OxygenOS 2.2.0 OTA Zip file [HERE] and save it on your phone’s internal memory.
2. Boot your OP2 into stock recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power buttons together.
3. Select ‘Apply update’, browse for the zip file that you saved in step 1, select it and confirm installation.
4. Once done reboot your phone.
1. Download OxygenOS 2.2.0 OTA Zip file and save it on your phone’s internal memory (Link in the above step).
2. Boot your OP2 into TWRP recovery (use Volume Up and Power key combinations)
3. In recovery, select ‘Install’, navigate to OxygenOS 2.2.0 OTA Zip file and swipe right to flash.