Motorola has confirmed the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for Moto E in India. The company has already started rolling out the update to testers (soak test), which means all Moto E users will receive the Lollipop update in a little while. However, users should update the Motorola Update Service app and Motorola Contextual Service app to the latest version to receive the update.
If you are excited to try the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Moto E, you can install the OTA update manually. An XDA contributor surajkala has captured official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA for Indian variant of Moto E. You can install the OTA manually, without losing your device warranty and data.
Before you get start, please note that this is an official ROM for Moto E, which was released to Indians during the SOAK testing program, so it might have some issues. Also, to install the update your device must be running on stock Android 4.4.4 with locked bootloader and unrooted.
Warning: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download [HERE] the Lollipop OTA update for Moto E (342 MB)
2. Transfer the download firmware (Blur_Version.21.12.40.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip) to the root of SD card or internal memory.
4. Now, go to phone Setting -> About phone -> and tap on System updates
5. If you have received ‘Your software is up to date’ message, then switch off your phone and boot into stock recovery mode. From recovery, wipe cache partition. Reboot your phone and check for updates again.
6. When ‘New system software available’ message is shown, select ‘Yes, I’m in’. You will get ‘Install now’ option.
7. Install the system update. Once the process is completed, your phone will reboot.
Note that it will take at least 5 minutes for the first reboot. You should now have Lollipop running on your Moto E.
The new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop brings Material Design user interface as well as several improvements both in performance and battery life. You will feel a more fast, fluid and touch responsive Moto E once you installed this update. (source – XDA)