Like OnePlus, Yu Televentures has also moving away from Cyanogen OS with their own custom OS called ‘Yu Open OS’. It is based on the ASOP (Android Open Source Project) and this version of the custom ROM is built on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Yu Televentures will release the stable build of ‘Yu Open OS’ for Yureka, Yuphoria, and Yunique in next 30 days, while the beta version of the OS is now available for download and install.
In this guide, we show you how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based ‘Yu Open OS’ on Yureka, Yuphoria and Yunique. Note that this is a Beta build of the OS and unstable. The ROM may include many bugs that are not yet identified and fixed, so it cannot be used as daily driver. Users are advised to wait for the stable build of Yu Open OS.
Interested users can now install the beta version of Yu Open OS (Nightly build) right now on their YU Yureka, Yuphoria or Yunique. However, it requires certain knowledge on ADB commands.
Prerequisites for installing Yu Open OS (Android 6.0.1):
1. Unlocked bootloader
2. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in developer options
3. Backup any data you have on your phone
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only
1. Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer (See this guide)
3. Unzip the downloaded image file to get boot, system and recovery images. Copy all the files and save it inside the adb installation folder (usually it will be at
4. Connect your device to your PC, go to the adb installation folder, open a command window there and issue the below command:
adb reboot bootloader
5. Your device will boot into fastboot mode. Now issue the below command:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf devices
[The above command is for Yureka. For Yuphoria, type fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices and for Yunique, type fastboot devices)
6. Now issue the below commands one-by-one (for Yureka)
fastboot -i 0x1ebf format userdata
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash system system.img
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem lock
fastboot -i 0x1ebf reboot
Once your device booted up, set up and enjoy Yu Open OS and Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you have any doubt, leave it in the comment section below (Source)