LG’s latest flagship, the LG G4 is an awesome device and has great hardware specs. However, Android geeks who want to add new features, try out custom ROMs like CyanogenMod, install certain applications, remove bloatware system apps, backup entire system (nandroid backup), etc. requires custom recovery like TWRP and root access on LG G4.
In this tutorial, we let you know how to install TWRP custom recovery and root LG G4 international variant (H815). TWRP recovery and root access on LG G4 enables you to change just about anything on your phone, but you will lose manufacturer’s warranty. If you would like to get all the benefits of rooting and advantages of custom recovery on your LG G4, read the instruction given below.
Runs on the Lollipop (upgradable to Android M), LG G4 powers a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 1.8 GHz 64-bit processor with 3GB RAM and features 5.5 inch (2560 x 1440, 538 ppi) Quantum-HD IPS display, 32 GB internal storage with 2TB microSD support, 2900 mAh removable battery, 16 MP rear camera and 8 MP front camera.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide carefully and at your own risk. We will not take any responsibility if anything went wrong. This guide is intended only for technically talented users. This procedure will void your device warranty. It will also wipe your LG G4 completely, so backup every important file first.
Warning: The procedure will void your device warranty. Backup every data on your phone before proceeding. Also, this method is for LG G4 H815 variant only. Do not try it on othe LG G4 variants.
1. Download [HERE] the latest TWRP .img file for the LG G4 (twrp-18.104.22.168-h815.img) and transfer it to your phone’s internal memory.
2. Connect your phone to your computer and reboot to bootloader by issuing the command:
adb reboot bootloader (open command prompt inside the adb folder)
3. Once your LG G4 boots into bootloader mode, issue the command:
fastboot boot twrp-22.214.171.124-h815.img. It will install TWRP custom recovery.
4. Now, reboot your LG G4 by issuing the command:
1. Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file [HERE] and move it to the internal storage of your phone.
2. Turn the phone off and boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together for few seconds.
3. From recovery, go to “Install” and choose SuperSU zip file. Swipe to install.
4. Once the process is finished, go to recovery main menu and reboot your phone.
You have now successfully rooted you LG G4. Have any query? Leave it in the comment section below.