Want to try Android L (Android 5.0) on your Nexus 4? A ported version of Android L Developer Preview is now available for Nexus 4. If your phone has unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery is installed, you can install the firmware and experience the new Material Design and all other Android L goodies.
For your information, currently Android L Developer Preview is officially available for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 (Wi-Fi version) devices only. The ported version for Nexus 4 brings all the features of Android L – Material Design, improved ART (Android Run Time), battery saving feature and others – but some features may not work as intended.
Please note that this ported version of Android L is not stable for everyday use. However, Android fans can install it and experience all Android L goodies on Nexus 4. Don’t forget to back all data from your phone.
– Nexus 4 must have unlocked bootloader and latest version of TWRP/CWM recovery is installed.
– Ported Android L Developer Preview firmware (Download the latest version from the source link given at the end of this post)
1. Download the firmware and move the zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
2. Turn off your Nexus 4 and boot it into Recovery Mode.
3. From recovery, perform the following: Wipe cache, dalvik cache and factory reset.
4. Flash the firmware zip file and then reboot your phone. Enjoy!
Please note that, as Google ditches the stodgy old Dalvik runtime and introduced the new ART in Android L, it will take little long time (more than 15 minutes) for the phone to boot at first, so be patient! (Download & Source)