It seems that OnePlus is working on Android Marshmallow based OxygenOS 3.1 for OnePlus X. A community build of OxygenOS 3.1 for OnePlus X is now available for download, which brings Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and various new features to the device. Interested users can tryout this OTA eligible OxygenOS 3.1 community builds right now.
In this guide, we show you how to install the OxygenOS 3.1 community build (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) manually on OnePlus X with stock recovery and custom TWRP recovery. Note that this build is OTA (over the air) update eligible, so you will receive future OTA update on this build, so there is no reason to worry about not getting update if you flash this build.
Below are the new features of OxygenOS 3.1 Community Build for OnePlus X
– It brings Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
– New icon packs, Google search bar UI customization and new wallpaper picker
– Shelf UX improvements
– General system performance improvement
-New (native Android) app permissions and new Alert Slider settings with more customization options
– OnePlus Music Player and Gallery
– August 1 security patches for Android
– Mobile network stability issues in some regions
– Some 3rd party apps may experience some compatibility issues
– Language localization is still being improved
a) You can install OxygenOS 3.1 with stock recovery (dirty flashing and recommended) or TWRP custom recovery (clean install).
b) Dirty flashing is recommended (no need to wipe data and factory reset), but it requires OxygenOS 2.2.0 or above on the phone.
c) If you are coming from other OS or using custom recovery like TWRP, you need a clean install (wipe data and factory reset), but not guarantee to work properly.
Warning: Backup all data on the phone before flashing the ROM. The below guide is intended for tech-savvy users only. Install at your own risk.
2. Now, boot your OnePlus X into stock recovery mode. To do this, shut down your phone and turn on by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
3. In recovery, choose “Install from SD”, find your ROM .zip file and tap on “Install” to confirm.
Your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 3.1.
1. Download OxygenOS 3.1 Zip file and save it on your phone’s internal memory (Link in the above step).
2. Boot your OP2 into TWRP recovery (use Volume Up and Power key combinations)
3. In recovery, select ‘Install’, navigate to OxygenOS 3.1 Zip file and swipe right to flash.
4. Once done, reboot your phone. (Source)