Cyanogen team has released CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM for LG G2 D802 and other G2 variants. The build is based on the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop OS that refines Google’s Material Design interface, and improves on the CM File manager. LG G2 users can enjoy features like theme engine, privacy features, better sound control, gestures, lot of customizations and more with CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM.
In this guide, we show you how to install everyone talks CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM on LG G2 D802. It is one of the fastest ROMs out there and it is super easy to get it installed. Before you get start, there is no need to say about the need of root access and custom recovery like the one TWRP (latest version) installed on the LG G2 for installing CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM.
The status of the ROM is nightly, which means it is unstable and you may come across issues while using the phone. However, according to the report the ROM is bug free and works well on LG G2.
How to install CyanogenMod 12.1 on LG G2
Warning: As the below method wipe your device completely, backup any data on your phone before proceeding. Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your LG G2 to TWRP recovery mode. To do so, switch off your phone and hold Volume down & Power buttons. When the LG logo appears, release the buttons and then press them again. Then, press the Power button three times.
3. Select backup and restore option, and then make a backup of your current ROM.
4. Now, perform wipe data/factory reset, cache partition and dalvik cache
5. From TWRP recovery, tap on Install and select the CM12.1 zip file. Then, slide the button on the bottom to start the flashing process. Do the same for Gapps as well.
6. After installation finished, tap on ‘Reboot System’ to reboot your device.
Note: You will not get “Install complete” message. You can ensure the installation is completed, if there were no fatal error messages (source – XDA).