Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 users can now experience Android Nougat and stock Android UI with CM14.1 ROM. The most popular developer community CyanogenMod has released the Nightly build of official CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi3w & Mi4 (international variant), which brings the latest Android 7.1 to these devices. Interested users checkout the installation guide given below.
Besides Android 7.1 Nougat and stock UI, the CM14.1 ROM has bring full customizability, added features and latest Android security patches to supported devices. You can experience features like night mode, bundled notification, Doze on the move (battery saving feature), multi-window mode and several value-added features.
Keep in mind that the CM14.1 for Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4 is a Nightly build and not yet ready to be used as a daily driver. You may experience glitches and stability issues while using it. However, if you are ready to face certain issues, read on to know how to install CM14.1 on your device.
Prerequisites for installing CM14.1 on Xiaomi Mi3w and Mi4
– Backup any important data you have on the phone before proceeding with the below steps.
– Requires unlocked bootloader, root access and latest version of TWRP recover (v.3.0+) on the phone
– At least 80% battery charge remaining on your phone
Disclaimer: The below procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Transfer both zip files to your phone’s SD card.
3. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power key after switching off the phone.
4. In TWRP recovery, choose Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended)
5. In TWRP recovery, choose ‘Wipe” and perform a full data wipe (Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache)
6. Now, return to main recovery menu, choose “Install”, and find the CM14.1 ROM zip file you have transferred. Once the process is completed, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Finally reboot your device. It will take few minutes to complete the first boot.
Note: If you come across bootloop issue (stuck in boot), reboot to recovery (use Power and Volume up keys), and wipe cache partition, dalvik cache and factory reset.