Huawei Honor 6X (BLN-L22) in India gets a new EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat) update with bug fixes, new features like Eye Comfort, App drawer, etc. and VoLTE calling for Jio and Airtel. Honor 6X is running on software version B150 (BLN-L22C675B350CUSTC675D002) will get this new B350 update (BLN-L22C675B150CUSTC675D001) via OTA (over the air). You can also download and install the update manually. Check out the guide below.
The B350 update brings many value added features to Honor 6X (BLN-L22), VoLTE calling for Jio and Airtel, alongside general bug fixes and additional Indian language support. Read full changelog at here. If you have not updated your Honor 6X BLN-22 to EMUI 5.0 yet, here is how to download and install the update manually.
Before going for the manual installation, check for B350 OTA update on your Honor 6X by going to Settings > About phone > System update. You can also force update your phone by using Huawei’s HiCare app. Both methods are easy and safe to proceed. If you cannot find the update, then read on to know how to download and install the update manually.
Important: The below given file is for Honor 6X BLN-L22 (India) variants only. Also, your device should be on firmware version B150 to apply the update. Check it by going to Settings > About phone > and look for BLN-L22C675B150CUSTC675D001.
Note: Before proceeding with below steps, ensure above 50% battery charge remaining on the phone to prevent any unnecessary damaging interruptions in the update process.
Download B350 Update File for Indian Honor 6X:
Also Read: Check for other update news on Honor 6X
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download Honor 6X B350 update.zip (link above) and unzip it. Then, on your phone, create ‘dload’ folder in the root of your SD card. Transfer the update.app file (unzipped firmware file) in it.
2. Open phone app and dial *#*#2846579#*#* to open software upgrade menu.
3. In the menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade, then select and run the update. Once the process is completed, reboot your phone.
1. Download B350 update for Honor 6X (update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip) (link above) and unzip the file.
2. Now, go to the ‘delod’ folder and delete all the content. Then copy the entire file, including update.app from the extracted firmware file and save them in ‘deload’ folder.
3. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* in the dial pad to get the software upgrade menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade and then select and run the update.
4. The update will start and once completed, your device will reboot.
Now you have successfully installed the latest stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 6X. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.