The recently unveiled MIUI 9 includes 3 new themes called Limitless, Color fantasy and Cool black alongside the default theme. Each theme brings a unique look the handset with icons and wallpapers. These three MIUI 9 themes are now available for download for devices runs MIUI 8, like Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4, Mi 5, Mi 6, etc. If you are interested here is how to download and install MIUI 9 themes on MIUI 8.
You cannot install MIUI 9 themes file (.mtz) directly on MIUI 8 running devices, if you don’t have MIUI designer account. It requires few extra steps. In the below guide we let you know how install all new MIUI 9 themes, such as Limitless, Color fantasy and Cool black on any MIUI 8 devices without any error massage.
You can install MIUI 9 themes on devices like Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4, Mi 5, Mi 6, etc. and bring a unique look to it. All you need to download the theme file (.mtz file) and follow the below step by step guide.
MIUI 9 Theme Downloads:
1. Go to Play store [HERE] and install the MIUI Theme Editor app.
2. Run the Theme Editor app and tap ‘Browse’ button.
3. Navigate the MIUI theme file (.mtz file) you have saved on your phone storage.
4. In the next screen, you will see the edit options. Just skip this option and tap next.
5. Tap on the ‘Finish’ button (it will take some time to complete).
6. Once the process is done, you will see an option ‘do you want to install the theme’? Just tap on ‘OK’ button.
Now, open Theme Manager App on your phone, browse the theme you just saved and apply it. (Source – XDA)