In this tutorial, we will look at how to install latest version of MIUI Global stable or Developer ROM on any Xiaomi Phones with XioMiTool. This tool works with all Redmi and Mi phones regardless of bootloader unlock status. In other words, XioMiTool helps anyone to flash latest version of MIUI Global Stable, China Stable or Developer ROM on their phone quite easily, even if the bootloader is locked or unlocked.
Installing latest version of MIUI ROM (fastboot or recovery ROM) on Xiaomi phone manually is not a complicated process, but switching between Stable ROM and Developer ROM requires some expertise. XioMiTool answers this. It find latest MIUI version for you and lets you choose desired ROM (stable, china or developer).
Check out the guide to know how to use XioMiTool and prerequisites to flash MIUI ROM on your Redmi or Mi phone.
– Download (here) and install Mi Flash Tool (to avoid any bootloader interface issues).
– Enable USB Debugging (Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging) If Developer options is not activated, go to Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times.
– Battery charge remaining above 50%.
– Fast internet connection on PC (for ROM download)
Warning: The tool will send anonymous data to server. However, the data does not contain any personal or private information.
1. Install XioMiTool on your Windows PC and launch it. Accept the terms and conditions by clicking ‘Ok, I understand’.
2. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. Click ‘Refresh’ button on XioMiTool. It will detect your phone. Select your phone by clicking ‘Select’ button and then click ‘Yes’ to start.
3. XiaoMiTool will automatically detect your device info, bootloader unlock status, ROMs available for installation, etc.
4. From ROM list, choose the ROM you wish to flash and then click ‘Confirm’ button.
5. Download will begin and starts install stock recovery. Once done, your phone will reboot automatically.
6. It will take few minutes to boot. Once done, go thru the setup, enter your Mi ID, and then quickly go to ‘Developer Options’ and enable ‘USB Debugging’.
7. Now, the tool will start downloading the chosen ROM. Once the ROM is downloaded, it will prepare the stock recovery to flash the ROM.
8. Once the ROM installation is completed, you will get installation process is finished and successful message.
9. Your phone will reboot (takes around 15 minutes), set up and enjoy.
Further information about this tool and discussion at source (Source – MIUI)