HTC Desire 816 dual SIM variant can now be updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. HTC has already released official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Desire 816 in some regions of the world, which brings Sense UI 7.0 and various new features, but rooted Desire 816 users cannot install the official OTA update.
HTC Desire 816 owners who are excited to try the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on their device, CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM is the best alternate option, if the device have unlocked bootloader and root access. Besides the pure Android experience, CyanogenMod 13 brings Marshmallow features like Doze mode, app control and app permissions management, etc. to the device.
Before get start note that the current status of CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Desire 816 is Nightly, which means it is unstable and may not be suitable for daily use.
1. HTC Desire 816 should have unlocked bootloader, rooted and the latest version of TWRP recovery (v.3.0) installed on it.
2. Above 50% battery charge remaining on the phone
3. Backup any important file stored on your device before flashing the ROM. Also, do not forget to make Nandroid backup from custom recovery
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download CyanogenMod 13 ROM zip file for HTC Desire [HERE] and move the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
2. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down button and press Power button.
3. In recovery, select Wipe and perform Factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache
4. Select ‘Install’, navigate to CyanogenMod 13 ROM zip file and swipe right to start flashing the firmware. Once flashing done, reboot your phone.
Enjoy Android Marshmallow on your HTC Desire 816. Any doubt, leave it in the comment section below.