Are you fed up with the Samsung TouchWiz interface and apps? Would you like to get a near stock Android experience on your Galaxy Note Edge (SM-N915F/SM-915FY)? You can get it with CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM (unofficial) custom ROM that you can install on your rooted Galaxy Note Edge via a custom recovery.
In this tutorial, we let you know how to flash CyanogenMod 12.1 (unofficial) custom ROM on Galaxy Note Edge SMN915F/SM915FY. However, please note that once you flash the ROM, you will lose the real peculiarity of the Note Edge. This is because the ‘Edge’ feature is not implemented in this ROM. If you are interested, read on to know how to flash the unofficial CM12.1 on Note Edge.
The unofficial CM12.1 custom ROM is based on the Android 5.1 Lollipop and the ROM status is beta. Known issues of this ROM are ringtones only work from internal memory, hardware encryption not functional, fingerprint sensor not integrated just yet, CM messenger app does not work and Google camera sometimes does not close correctly.
Important: Before flashing the ROM, please backup your data and your EFS folder. Also, keep in mind that the process will void your device’s warranty.
WARNING: This guide is intended for Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F & SM-915FY. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
Requirements: Your device must be rooted and latest version of custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) installed.
2. Now, boot Galaxy Note Edge into custom recovery by pressing Home + Power + Volume up button at the same time.
3. From recovery, choose Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Dalvik, System, Data and Cache. Then Swipe (for TWRP recovery).
4. Now, choose ‘Install’ and select the ROM zip file you have saved on your phone and then swipe.
5. Also flash Gapps zip file as described above.
6. Once both files installed, reboot your phone. It will take around 10 minutes.
To get more details about this ROM, discussion and installation instruction, head over to this XDA thread.