If you are an interested Android fan looking for customizing your Moto E to your likings, then you should happy with this news. Now you can install custom recovery and get root access on your Moto E by issuing a few commands. Follow below guide and enjoy all the benefits of rooting and advantages of custom recovery on your Moto E.
Before installing a custom recovery or rooting your Moto E, please note that you need to unlock its bootloader, which means your device’s warranty will void, so proceed at your own risk. You can unlock your Moto E’s bootloader by going to this Motorola’s official website.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, download following files:
1. Download msfastboot-v2 file and extract the zip file on your PC.
2. Download TWRP custom recovery image (unofficial) from here to your PC. Extract the zip file and save the contents in the same folder where the contents of msfastboot-v2.zip were extracted.
1. Connect your Moto E to PC and reboot to bootloader by pressing Volume Down + Power button for about 6-7 seconds.
2. On your PC, open the folder where you extracted all the files you have downloaded. Press Shift key, then right click and select ‘Open a Command window here’, and run the below command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
3. Now, press Volume Down to select recovery on fastboot menu, and then press Volume Up to confirm your choice to boot into recovery. If your device is locked, press power button and swipe to unlock.
1. To root your Moto E, download SuperSU from here and place the zip file in root of internal memory.
2. From recovery, select install zip option, choose SuperSU zip file you have just downloaded and flash it.
3. Wait until the flash is complete and then select reboot to boot your phone. (source)