Coolpad Note 3 owners can now enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow on their device by installing the official Coolui 8.0 Marshmallow firmware. The company has released the first public beta of Coolui 8.0 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM for Coolpad Note 3. It will bring many exciting features like new permission system, new power management system for extended battery life, and will improve overall user experience.
Tech-savvy Coolpad Note 3 owners can install the official Coolui 8.0 firmware on their device and experience all the new features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow right now. This is Beta version and SP flashable build, which means you need SP Flash Tool on your computer and requires technical skill to flash the ROM.
The below guide let you know how to install Coolui 8.0 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Coolpad Note 3 via SP Flash Tool. Before get start, note that the status of ROM is Beta, which means it is unstable and you will come across issues while using the phone.
1. Install proper driver (SP driver and device driver) on your computer
2. Back up your data and Nvram data (IMEI number) before flashing the firmware (Instruction).
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding.
1. Download Coolui 8.0 Beta ROM [HERE] (1.2GB) and unzip it using 7zip.
2. Download SP Flash Tool [HERE] and unzip it using 7zip
3. Go to SP Flash Tool extracted folder and run the ‘Flash_tool’ exe file.
4. In the app window, click Download tab, then select “Scatter-loading” option and choose scatter.txt file from the firmware-extracted folder
5. In the Flash Tool, click on Download button.
6. Switch off your phone and then connect it with the USB cable to your PC. The upgrade process will be triggered and it completes after a few minutes.
Once the upgrade process completed, disconnect the phone from PC and switch on your phone again (Source)