Google made it clear that the Google Galaxy Nexus I9250 smartphone won’t get the official Android 4.4 KitKat update, but don’t need to worry about it, you can enjoy Android KitKat features by upgrading your Galaxy Nexus with custom ROMs. Today’s guide lets you know how to upgrade Galaxy Nexus with the latest version of Android KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS.
Before proceeding to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 to KitKat 4.4.2 Android ROM, do followings. Make a full back up (Nandroid) of your device from recovery. Also, back up all data such as personal files, images, videos, messages, emails, contacts, apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks, etc.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
– USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
– Device should be fully charged
– Custom recovery installed (CWM). If not installed, install the ROM Manager app from Play Store, so you can install custom Recovery image for your device.
– Your device must be rooted.
ROM Installation guide:
1. Download KitKat 4.4.2 Android ROM from here (Slimkat) and Google Apps Package for the ROM from here to your computer. Copy both the zip files to your device. Always use original USB cable to connect your device with your computer.
2. Boot your device into Recovery mode and perform wipe data/factory reset.
3. Now, select “install zip from sd card” option and then choose the SlimKat rom zip. After completing the ROM installation, install GApps package in the same way.
4. Now, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. It’ll take little long time to complete the boot process.
Note: If Galaxy Nexus gets in the boot loop, reboot your device into recovery and perform wipe data/factory reset. If that not helped, reapply the update from the start.
Enjoy Android 4.4.2 features on your device! Keep in mind that Slimkat ROM currently in beta stage, so may contain bugs.(Via)