The two-year-old Lenovo A6000/Plus will not get the official Android 8.0 Oreo update, but you can still enjoy latest Android 8.0 Oreo on Lenovo A6000/Plus with AOSP 8.0 (Android Open Source Project) ROM. This build brings pure Android Oreo experience (only stock features) and latest Android security patches (5 September 2017) to Lenovo A6000 and A6000 Plus. Read on to know how to install AOSP 8.0 ROM on your device.
Developed by an XDA member dev_harsh1998, the Android 8.0 Oreo based AOSP ROM for Lenovo A6000/Lenovo A6000 Plus is almost stable and there were no major bugs in this ROM, except buggy Wi-Fi Hotspot. However, since this is a custom ROM and Beta build, you may experience glitches and cannot be used as a daily driver.
Follow the step-by-step guide to install AOSP 8.0 ROM on Lenovo A6000/Plus. As you all know, it requires unlocked bootloader and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on the device.
Important: Create a backup of data you have on your phone before you jump to the guide.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. This is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode (Switch off the phone, press and hold Volume down and Power button together)
3. In TWRP recovery, choose ‘Backup’ and create a backup of the current ROM (recommended)
4. Return to main TWRP menu, choose ‘Wipe’ and wipe Data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
5. Now, choose ‘Install’, navigate to Hex firmware (No need if you have already flashed) and flash it.
6. Once done, select ‘Install’, AOSP ROM zip file and flash it. Then, choose Gapps zip file and flash it.
7. After the process is done reboot your device.
Setup and enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo on your Lenovo A6000/Plus. Let us know your thoughts about this ROM in the comments. (Source – XDA)