Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 owners can experience official Android 7.0 Nougat and its cool features right now. Android 7.0 Nougat based MIUI Global Beta 7.6.15 ROM is now available for Redmi Note 4/4X, which you can flash via recovery if your device runs on MIUI 8 Global beta ROM or via Fastboot if your device runs on MIUI 8 Global stable version. This guide covers both methods.
Android 7.0 Nougat brings various new features, performance boost and UI enhancements to Redmi Note 4. If you are excited to get latest Android 7.0 Nougat on your device, then read on to know how to download and install official MIUI Global Beta 7.6.15 ROM on Redmi 4/4X.
Before start, if your Redmi Note 4 is runs MIUI 8 stable version (Marshmallow), then note that the MIUI Global Beta 7.6.15 ROM is not yet ready for daily use, as it includes unknown bugs. However, if you are ready to face few issues, you can download and flash the ROM right now manually.
There are basically two methods to install MIUI Beta ROM manually. First is flashing from Mi Recovery, which is simple, but your device should be on MIUI 8 beta version. The second method is via Fastboot, if your device runs on MIUI 8 stable version.
– MIUI Global Beta 7.6.15 Recovery ROM.zip files for Redmi 4 (mido) [HERE]
– MIUI Global Beta 7.6.15 Fastboot ROM.tgz files for Redmi 4 (mido) [HERE]
How to Install Official Android 7.0 Update on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
1. Rename the downloaded MIUI Global Beta 7.6.15 Recovery to update.zip and save it on your phone.
2. Turn off your phone and then press the Volume + button along with the power button to boot into Mi Recovery.
3. Navigate to update.zip file (use Vol up/down button and select it using power button).
4. Confirm the installation by selecting the Yes button. Once it is installed then selects the back button and then reboot.
1. Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
2. Now follow this detailed guide to know how to install MIUI 8 Global Beta Fastboot ROM on Redmi Note 4.
After installation, setup and enjoy new Android version. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – MIUI)