The new Android 4.4 KitKat comes with a new launcher called Google Experience Launcher. This new launcher has few UI changes from the earlier version and new features like Google Now, which is an integral part of the launcher. Currently, Android 4.4 KitKat is available only on Nexus 5, but you can implement its launcher on any Android phone running Jelly Bean OS.
The Android 4.4 KitKat Launcher, which is extracted from Nexus 5 works on, phones running Android Jelly Bean 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3, however, Google Now tends to force close on some devices.
Install Android 4.4 KitKat Google Experience Launcher:
1. First, download the launcher and extract the zip file (download link at source link). This contains three apk files:
– PreBuiltGmsCore.apk (Google Play Services 4.0)
– Velvet.apk (Google Search app)
– GoogleHome.apk (Launcher app)
2. Install all the three apk files on your phone. Once installed, select the new launcher as the default launcher by pressing home button.
Experience the Android 4.4 Launcher on your phone. See how this Android 4.4 KitKat launcher works on the below video.
[Via – XDA Developers]