Huawei has released EMUI 5.1, based on Android 7.0 Nougat update (B130) for Huawei P10 VTR-L29 (Europe and Asian variant), which improves camera performance and touch screen sensitivity on the handset. The B130 update is rolling out via OTA and if you have not updated your Huawei P10 VTR-L29 to the latest version yet check it by going to about phone, software update section or check out the manual installation guide below.
The EMUI 5.1(Android 7.0) B130 update for Huawei P10 optimizes camera performance for better image quality, improves system stability for smoother operations, optimizes touchscreen sensitivity, integrates latest Google security patches for improved system security as well as includes general bug fixes. Read full changelog here.
If you did not received the EMUI 5.1 B130 OTA update notification on your P10, you may download Huawei’s HiCare app from Play store, which lets you install software update on your P10 without any trouble. Alternatively, check out the manual installation method below.
– Android version: 7.0 Nougat
– UI version: EMUI 5.1
– Firmware versions: B130
– Huawei P10: VTR-L29 (Europe/Asia)
– Firmware: VTR-L29C432B130/VTR-L29C636B130
– Cust: C432/C636
– Status: Official
– Backup every data you have on the phone
– Check your device’s Model number (VTR-L29) and Cust version (C432/C636).
– Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Unzip the downloaded ‘update.zip’ file. You will get ‘update.app’
2. On your P10, create folder named ‘dload’ in the root of SD card and place the ‘update.app’ in it.
3. Now open phone app and dial *#*#2846579#*#* to get software upgrade menu.
4. Select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade > confirm the installation
5. Once the installation process is completed, your phone will reboot.
1. Unzip the downloaded ‘update_full_xx_xx.zip’ file and copy all the content including update.app.
2. Now, go to ‘dload’ folder on your phone, delete old update.app and paste the new update.app and other files (you have already copied)
3. Open dial pad and dial: *#*# 2846579#*# *
4. Select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade > confirm the installation.
5. The installation process will start automatically. After rebooting, enjoy EMUI 5.1 (Android 7.0). (Source)