Huawei Honor 5X has received official CyanogenMod support. The CM team just released the first Nightly build of CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM for Honor 5X, which brings near stock UI, CM features like DSP Manager, secure SMS app, Theme engine and Android Marshmallow features like Doze battery saving, personalized app permission, etc. to the handset.
Huawei Honor 5X owners who love stock Android UI instead of Huawei’s EMUI, love CyanogenMod features, or will not get official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update due to custom recovery and root access, you can install CyanogenMod 13 nightly on your device. Below is the general installation guide for CyanogenMod 13 on your phone.
Before start, note that, the present status of CyanogenMod 13 is nightly, which means the ROM is unstable. However, the ‘Nightly’ update is reasonably stable with most features working.
CyanogenMod13 ROM details:
– ROM status: Nightly
– Android version: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (CM13)
– Supported device: Huawei Honor 5X (kiwi)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
Note: Before you start, make sure you have a stock system image to flash back to. Make a system backup from TWRP recovery before proceeding.
3. Transfer both zip files to your phone’s SD card (do not unzip the file)
4. Boot your Honor 5X to TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up & Power buttons together after switching off the phone.
5. In recovery, Wipe Data / Factory Reset and Wipe dalvik-cache
7. Once done, reboot your phone. It will take to around 10 minutes for the first boot.
Enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with pure Vanilla experience on Honor 5X. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.