Asus Zenfone 3 Max variants ZC553KL and ZC520TL get Android 7.1.1 Nougat update. The company starts rolling out the OTA update with build number 14.0200.1704.119 and 14.01.1705.23 which update both devices from Marshmallow to Nougat. As the OTA (over the air) update is rolling out in phases, it will take a week or more to get the update notification. Users can also download and install the update manually.
In this guide, we let you how to update Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL/ ZC520TL to Android 7.1.1 manually. The official ZenTalk forum does not specify details about the update, but the version number is 14.0200.1704.119 for Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL variant and 14.01.1705.23 for Zenfone 3 Max ZC520TL variant. However, we have noticed that the ZC553KL variant getting Android 7.0 instead of 7.1.1 may be a misprint by the forum member.
Nougat update will include new features, enhanced ZenUI, performance boost, general bug fixes, new unicode code 9.0 emoji and skin tone for ZenUI Keyboard, latest security patches and more. The update also removes some apps and live wallpapers, as they do not work properly with Nougat.
If you have not received the Nougat update notification on your phone, you can manually check the update by going go to Settings > About > System Update > and check for update manually.
If the update is available, follow the instructions to install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Zenfone 3 Max. If you prefer manual installation, then check out the guide below.
– Make sure at least 2.5 GB free space on the internal storage
– Once update is available, tap on the notification to download the update.
– Once download is completed, a pop-up to install the update will appear. Tap Install to continue.
– The device will reboot twice during the installation of the update. Please do not turn off the device until the home screen appears.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Note: This guide is for Zenfone Max ZC553KL/ ZC520TL and SKU WW. Do not install the firmware on other SKU (CN, TW, etc.). Check it by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode (Switch off the phone and turn on by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together).
3. In recovery, choose Apply update from sd card and then select the firmware zip file.
4. After completing the installation, reboot your phone.