HTC starts rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update for HTC 10 in the US. The OTA update comes with build number 2.28.617.8 and update the unlocked HTC 10 to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you have not received the OTA notification for the update on your device or unable to update via OTA (due to network issues), you can download and install the firmware (RRU file) manually on HTC 10. HTC has uploaded the Nougat files (RRU) to its download page for manual installation.
In this guide, we show you how to update HTC 10 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually. The manual installation process is simple. All you need to have a PC, Nougat firmware file (RUU update files) for HTC 10, HTC Sync Manager installed on your PC (for driver files) and a USB cable to connect your handset to your PC.
The Android 7.0 Nougat update brings latest Android security patches (November), and system enhancements to HTC 10. You can notice enhancement in Sense UI, notification panel, quick settings menu, heads up notification, app switching, multi-window and more.
If you have not received the OTA update yet, you can download the official HTC 10 Nougat RUU 2.28.617.8 firmware file (1.8GB) and flash it yourself. Check out the guide below.
WARNING: The below procedure will delete all information from the device. Back up every data you have on the phone before proceeding.
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat Update on HTC 10 Manually
1. Download [HERE] and install HTC Sync Manager on your PC in order to get the proper drivers, if you do not have it already.
3. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. If the PC does not recognize the device, check USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC 10 Nougat RRU update exe file that you downloaded. Double-click on the exe file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot. Set up and enjoy.
Note: If the update wizard fails to recognize your HTC 10, close the update wizard and then follow the below steps.
1. Turn off HTC 10, press Volume Down button and press Power button to turn on the phone.
2. It will boot your device in to ‘Download’ mode
3. Connect the device to the PC and start the ROM update process again
4. Once the device reboots, set up and enjoy.
Note: To exit download mode manually, use the volume keys to navigate to reboot and press the POWER button to select it.
Note: After the initial setup process is complete, open Play Store, tap the Menu icon, then select My apps and ensure all installed apps are updated. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – HTC)