Redmi 4A is a recent release and a very affordable, feature packed Android smartphone. Running on the MIUI 8.2 Global ROM, the Redmi 4A offers better performance and great battery life. However, if you have bricked your Redmi 4A (for example, if it stuck in a bootloop/boot logo), then you can easily unbrick it by restoring stock MIUI 8.2 ROM, regardless of bootloader status. Check out the detailed guide below.
You might want to restore stock MIUI ROM on Redmi 4A for various reasons. For example, if it bricked while installing custom recovery, rooting or installing a custom ROM, or simply want to unroot it and go back to stock ROM, etc. are the main reasons. You can also use this method to convert a Chinese Redmi 4A to Global.
In the below guide we show you how to unbrick a soft bricked Xiaomi Redmi 4A by reinstalling MIUI 8.2 stock ROM. Note that, the method given here works with bootloader locked and unlocked status. You do no need to unlock the bootloader to restore the firmware. However, you should take extreme care while flashing the firmware.
Pre-requisites: To unbrick Redmi 4A requires a Windows PC (preferably a 64-Bit PC), MIUI firmware-flashing tool and ADB & Fastboot driver setup on the PC. If everything is ready, head over to the guide.
2. ADB and Fastboot set up (read here)
3. MIUI 8.2 Fastboot Global ROM for Redmi 4A (download here)
4. Qualcomm Driver (download here)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
1. Disable ‘Driver Signature enforcement’ on your Windows PC by going to Advanced Startup (required for installing driver file)
2. Install Qualcomm driver file on your PC and then install Mi Flash tool
3. Boot your phone into ‘Download’ mode. To do so, switch off the phone and press Volume Up and Power button together. In the recovery screen, select ‘Download’ mode. Alternatively, use Volume Down + Power button.
4. Connect your phone to your PC via a USB cable. Your PC will start installing device drivers. Once done, open ‘Device Manager’ on your PC. You should see phone as QHUSB_BULK under the com Ports section (see example in the below image).
5. Right click on it, choose ‘Update Drivers’ and then choose ‘Browse My Computer for Driver Software’. Choose the path of Xiaomi folder:
Win 64 bit
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Xiaomi \ MiPhone \ Qualcomm \ Driver
Win 32 bit
C: \ Program Files \ Xiaomi \ MiPhone \ Qualcomm \ Driver
7. Choose ‘Install this driver software anyway’ and wait for to complete the installation. Driver installation process is now completed.
Now you need to flash MIUI 8.2 Fastboot ROM. Follow the below guide to know how to flash fastboot ROM on Redmi 4A.
1. Run Mi-Flash tool on your PC. Click on ‘Browse’ and select the MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM file you have downloaded earlier.
[File suffix for fastboot ROM should be .tgz’. If it is .gz or .tar, rename it to .tgz]
2. On Mi-Flash tool, click on the Refresh button. You will see the connected device (COM 3/COM 4).
3. Choose ‘Flash_all’ option (shown at the bottom of the app window) and click on Flash and it will start a process.
4. Once flashing process completes, you will see the message “The operation completed successfully.”
5. Disconnect the phone from PC and reboot it. It will take aground 10 minutes to complete the booting process.
Once booted up, setup and enjoy your device. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – MIUI)