It has been a year since Google released the Android Nougat, but an official build of Xposed framework not yet released for the OS yet. It seems that the developer @rovo89 is working on the same. However, an unofficial build of Xposed framework for Android Nougat is now available. The framework works on almost all Android devices runs Android 7.0, 7.1.1 and 7.1.2.
In this quick tutorial, we will show you exactly how to install Xposed framework on Android Nougat. Released by the PurifyOS team, the unofficial Xposed framework is in its early stage now, so it is unstable. Also, it does not support Samsung and Huawei/Honor devices.
If you are one of those who like Xposed framework, you can install the unofficial Xposed framework right away on Nougat devices (Android 7.0 – 7.1.2). The below guide explain the installation procedure for Xposed framework on Nougat. It requires root access and TWRP recovery installed on the phone
Beginners may need to know about Xposed framework. It is a clever little app that lets you easily add various useful functions and change look of your phone via modules. For example, you can add multi-window feature, change IMEI number, enable always-expanded notification bar, add new Android features on older phones, etc.
How To Install Unofficial Xposed on Nougat (Android 7.0 – 7.1.2)
Based on your phone’s CPU architecture, there are three different versions of the Xposed Framework for Android Nougat devices. So, check CPU architecture (ARM64, ARMv7, x86) before downloading the Framework. Install the Droid Hardware Info app to the CPU architecture.
- Download Xposed framework zip file for Nougat: 32-bit /64-bit / x86
- Download Xposed framework installer APK from here.
1. Save the downloaded files (zip file and APK file) on your phone.
2. Enable ‘Unknown sources’ on your phone by going to Settings -> Security.
3. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery, select ‘Install’ and flash the Xposed Framework zip file. Then reboot your phone.
4. Now, install the Xposed framework installer APK file just like a normal Android app. That’s it.
Verify the Xposed framework installed on your device by opening the Xposed app from your app drawer.
Note: Not all Xposed modules will work properly on Android Nougat. Many modules need to be updated to support Nougat. (Source – XDA)